The Sun and Stars
Home pages of the main web sites used above:
- NASA's Marshall
Space Flight Center (MSFC): Solar Physics
- These pages contain an overview of solar physics along with
highlights of MSFC's work, current projects, and possible future
NASA missions. There is information for both student and and
- NASA's Imagine the
- Imagine's homepage can be accessed either with the external
here for the downloaded advanced science content.
- Royal Observatory,
- The Royal Observatory's web site contains a very useful section
called Astronomy Fact Files which is divided into sections such as
the universe, the stars, and the solar system. Much of the ROG
internal pages content has been downloaded from the stars section.
Astronomy Fact Files can be accessed from the menu on the left hand
side of the ROG home page.
Space Agency (ESA) Science and Technology
- ESA's Science and Technology web site is organized by mission.
Use the site map for specific missions to navigate through stellar
- Astronomy Picture
of the Day
- This site includes a selection of links to topical images from
APOD archives (here). In addition to
outstanding images, each picture has external links related to the
subject of the picture.
Other related external web sites:
- Solar Data Analysis
- This is the web site of NASA's Solar Data Analysis Centre. From
here it is possible to find solar mission data and current solar